anujgoyal

withholding power of President

Question

if a bill is passed in parliament and sent for the president's approval, If president has sent it back to the parliament for reconsideration but it has been sent back to president without any changes by parliament , then what are options with president in such scenario?

i) can still withhold the bill

ii) has to give his accent

7 answers to this question

Thanks a lot for quick response :)...

I hope President is left out with only one power to consult with Supreme court , if the bill comes fr the 2nd time ?

Is it true?

president can consult with sc any time but i dont think its of any use d 2nd tym as he cant suggest any changes and has 2 sign d bill mandatorily.

Is this the case even if President got the bill request from governor.

It menas --

If state legislature(SL) passes the bill --> send to governor --> governor resends to state legislature --> SL resend to governor(without any changes) -->governor sends to President --> president to SL via governor -->SL to president via governor --> now what are the option left out with the President ??

Is this the case even if President got the bill request from governor.

It menas --

If state legislature(SL) passes the bill --> send to governor --> governor resends to state legislature --> SL resend to governor(without any changes) -->governor sends to President --> president to SL via governor -->SL to president via governor --> now what are the option left out with the President ??

i dont think this kind of tennis is allowed wid d bill. but d point is president has no obligation to sign any bill passed by sl. he can use suspensive veto even the second tym .

i dont think this kind of tennis is allowed wid d bill. but d point is president has no obligation to sign any bill passed by sl. he can use suspensive veto even the second tym .

it is not suspensive veto ( it means when bill comes second time he must give ascent without fail...)

in this scenario president can use absolute veto......(reject) or poket veto (kept it on table for indefinite time).....

it is not suspensive veto ( it means when bill comes second time he must give ascent without fail...)

in this scenario president can use absolute veto......(reject) or poket veto (kept it on table for indefinite time).....

Pres can send the bill back to sl even second time... If it is not a money bill...

Sent from my HTC Desire 500 dual sim using Tapatalk