babita

section 370

Question

15 answers to this question

A referendum should be put on J&K because it these people who stay there...

But according to me article 370 must be removed because until and unless J&K either becomes part and parcel of India or becomes completely independent country the skirmishes on the border won't come to a halt.... The second option of becoming completely independent country is not feasible... So it has to be a part of India for its social- economic- political and cultural development which was missing hitherto because of the unrest in this partly independent territory...

babita likes this

not only article  370 its also about article 371 it is doing the same thing.The issue of referendum is very good is must be done before any type of decision....

babita likes this

but don't u think that removing 370 art will lead to disruption,chaos and riots in the state??

@babita   Article 371 a Special provision with respect to the State of Nagaland

(1) Notwithstanding anything in this Constitution –

(a) No Act of Parliament in respect of-

(i)                 religious or social practices of the Nagas,

(ii)               Naga customary law and procedure,

(iii)             administration of civil and criminal justice involving decisions according to Naga customary law,

(iv)             ownership and transfer of land and its resources, shall apply to the State of Nagaland unless the Legislative Assembly of Nagaland by a resolution so decide

to have a equalitarian society we have to make the laws of our parliament supreme and they should apply to all parts of country without any discrimination 

babita likes this

@pankaj: what was the purpose of this section 371 that time..i mean i know the whole issue related to accession of J&K but why was Nagaland given this special article??

A referendum should be put on J&K because it these people who stay there...

But according to me article 370 must be removed because until and unless J&K either becomes part and parcel of India or becomes completely independent country the skirmishes on the border won't come to a halt.... The second option of becoming completely independent country is not feasible... So it has to be a part of India for its social- economic- political and cultural development which was missing hitherto because of the unrest in this partly independent territory...

suppose if J&K people say through referendum  "we would like to become independent" what you suggest then??

babita and haritude like this

suppose if J&K people say through referendum "we would like to become independent" what you suggest then??

very good thinking and apt question. I would like to make my point

This is an inherent threat that referendum will throw upon the present central govt. Provided the referendum is free and fair and if the people indeed decide to secede from India. We will have to accept and provide all help to let j & k build its on future (including military) like we have helped other countries like Bangladesh or Nepal.

This scenario though seems unlikely with kind of progress made by India. Also the kind of risks that j & k itself will have to face going it alone...and chances of extremist disrupting peace... A possible period of uncertainty will probably push people of J & K choose a better option.

@babita Nagaland and Mizoram -formerly Union Territory, alone was created out of AGREEMENT between the People of the States and the Government of India. Nagaland was created out of an Agreement between the Government of India and Representatives of the Naga People’s Conference.

The REASON why Nagaland was provided with ‘special’ constitutional Provision different from all other States of India 
babita likes this

@ haritude i dont think this attitude of independence will do anything fruitful to j&k and i think we should(indian govt.)focus on the root causes of unrest in j&k to my mind that is AFSPA i am not in favour of repealing the laws like AFSPA etc. but those accountable of doing grave damage to humanity bring all those criminals of extra judicial killings and rapes to a civil court and try them...and as per the A370 is concerned that is a much vast issue and if people want to get independence from a secular country with a huge potential let them try their luck as they have done earlier in 1947

very good thinking and apt question. I would like to make my point

This is an inherent threat that referendum will throw upon the present central govt. Provided the referendum is free and fair and if the people indeed decide to secede from India. We will have to accept and provide all help to let j & k build its on future (including military) like we have helped other countries like Bangladesh or Nepal.

This scenario though seems unlikely with kind of progress made by India. Also the kind of risks that j & k itself will have to face going it alone...and chances of extremist disrupting peace... A possible period of uncertainty will probably push people of J & K choose a better option.

This democratic approach seems good, could you please put some points that outline evolution of constitutional provisions in view of J&K conflict?? i yet to read those special status provisions in laxmikanth. anybody can put those strategic developments ?

Artical 371 relates to only nagaland? Other states certain regions which are not developed well eg. Vidarbha of maharastra...& so on