BhanotNeha

Indo- Pak

Question

The heartless mutilations of our soldiers from across the border & insurgency, is India right on its stand to be generous with the country . Pakistan reacts late to Indian gestures, for instance after such a long gap, they reciprocated on the MFN stuff.

16 answers to this question

The heartless mutilations of our soldiers from across the border & insurgency, is India right on its stand to be generous with the country . Pakistan reacts late to Indian gestures, for instance after such a long gap, they reciprocated on the MFN stuff.

This is a question that deserves nothing less than a 300 Mark Essay. :) A concerted effort by all active IO-ites can lead to a great answer. 

I agree ! Our foreign policy is in ruins. Esp Indo - Pak policy.

To start with, India is on right track of not letting the circumstances derail the bilateral talks, which is very important. Carrot & stick policy may-be, is the solution. And stick should not be like- we are not playing cricket matches against you. We need to have more people to people contact.

The ghastly incidence of  beheading of Indian soldiers was according to Hindu and Indian Express a retaliation of such acts committed against Pakistani counterparts. True or not, such issue should be addressed on appropriate forums or on border and should not derail the foreign policy of out country. 

For the MFN status, its a good news that Pakistan has reciprocated at all. The context should be taken that the governments in our neighboring countries are very unstable and likely to change in a blink. In addition we have also take into consideration and alleviate the Pakistani fears of being trampled down by Indian industries product. The bigger concern in Pakistan is that of non tariff charges India levies. Also, the heavy load of paperwork also slows down the business. India should address such issues which are being raised in international markets time and again by big and small countries alike.

Indian government should be strong and nimble on addressing issues of the neighboring countries. Dillydallying on Teesta accord when Bangladesh has co operated so much on terrorism front sends a wrong message about our credibility . Similarly when we have a counterpart in Pakistan willing to  address Kashmir issue we should take the opportunity head on. 

Our government's tendency to maintain the status quo makes the friendly governments

(or better say govt seeking friendship or amicable relations ) look weak in their countries. In addition, our slowness is seen as Delhi's arrogance as big brother of South Asia. Thus, it encourages anti India elements in those countries to acquire the stage. 

We should remember Gujral doctrine while dealing with these countries that with the neighbours like Nepal, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives and Sri Lanka, India does not ask for reciprocity but gives all that it can in good faith and trust. Lets make their governments claim brownie points in trade while our borders and cities shall be safe and our industries shall have new markets to explore.

Edited by Ashutosh Jha

in pak, the public reaction on border issue has been muted.even critics of pak's army do not think its army soldiers were involved in the assault, instant blaming terrorist . militant routinely wear the uniform of army or pak police when attcking domestic target. mush same happen along the border. the belief is growing of the pak army long obsessed with a supposed indian threat.  

shrawan and Amit kumar jha like this

Smurai - Kashmir issue - good point made, but u know Kashmiris have a feeling of detachment with rest of India, I have my personal experience. there brains have been washed off so nicely, I don't think this is the right time to pick up that issue.

gujral doctrine is cool, but here I would like to quote Karzai, who replied "India is our friend but Pakistan  is our brother" to 'India or Pak - who's closer'. Do you really think its working ??

On ur Q @BhanotNeha... It's a matter of Karzai's own opinion. That can't be correlated with the complete state. Firstly Kashmiris wanted to be annexed to India. Such weird statements are given because of the faults made by AFSPA and PSA(public services act). Any doctrine works only by political consensus. In the case of Kashmir until and unless the weeds of militants are plucked out, there can be neither a political consensus nor a working of any such peace giving doctrines...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Smurai - Kashmir issue - good point made, but u know Kashmiris have a feeling of detachment with rest of India, I have my personal experience. there brains have been washed off so nicely, I don't think this is the right time to pick up that issue.

gujral doctrine is cool, but here I would like to quote Karzai, who replied "India is our friend but Pakistan  is our brother" to 'India or Pak - who's closer'. Do you really think its working ??

The quote is only reflecting the ground reality that Afghanistan is in a fragile state esp with slated 2014 withdrawal. India is not helping Afghanistan with its security concerns. Pakistan shall have a field day 2015 onwards with its support for Taliban and terrorist camps. So Afghanistan shall definitely swing towards Pakistan to deal with these parties as India is not providing it the iron fences to fend off these trouble makers and threat to Afghan democracy.

karzai quotes directly indicate their intention that they supported to pak....bcoz we know that their interest to merge with pak not with india....

karzai quotes directly indicate their intention that they supported to pak....bcoz we know that their interest to merge with pak not with india....

Karzai has always been against Pakistan. The statement was actually this "Pakistan is our twin brother, India is a great friend. The agreement we signed with our friend will not affect our brother," Karzai said in a foreign policy speech in New Delhi. This was to negate the protests from Pakistan. Don't come up with random theories.

Edited by Ashutosh Jha
BhanotNeha likes this

oh!! all toppers are here.!! pls dont mind, let me divert the topic now.

i could not understand this economic process, What is financial restructuring of DISCOMS ???  why this have been done ?? anyone willing to leave something here???

oh!! all toppers are here.!! pls dont mind, let me divert the topic now.

i could not understand this economic process, What is financial restructuring of DISCOMS ???  why this have been done ?? anyone willing to leave something here???

Create a separate thread for that. That way you would get wider audience willing to contribute without killing this thread on Indo-Pak discussion.

i posted it here because you guys are regular members and somehow participated with me in some kind of discussion.

Have some patience man.

i posted it here because you guys are regular members and somehow participated with me in some kind of discussion.

Have some patience man.

u r right, we are quite regular and we had discussed many topic and all going well....i also want to discussed few topic but whenever i posted something new topic, seems like nobody interested..... i agree with you and now u post separate thread.....and plz pay attention towards new topic its quite helpful for us...

tulasi kumar likes this

Our foreign policy does not allow to interfere in strategic affairs of another country.So we are not directly involved in security affairs of Afghanistan.But we do help them we have a lot of investment there especially with infrastructure.India has also pointed out that the Afghan National Security Forces (ANSF) have been left ill-equipped to fight insurgent and terrorist threats that remain active in

the Afghanistan-Pakistan border areas.India along with Western Countries & taking other concerned countries should focus on Security Sector of post-2014 Afghanistan & should form a multinational joint working group to assess the points of vulnerability for Afghan forces.
BhanotNeha likes this