Andani

law in state by parliament

Question

3 answers to this question

I didn't get your question :unsure: :unsure:

Did you mean 'does laws made during the proclamation of emergency prevails even after emergency is revoked or they automatically ceased to exit with the revocation of emergency?'   

Andani likes this

what are the differences between laws made under article 353 (because of national emergency (art-352)) and article 357 (because of state emergency).......? Are all laws made during the emergency co-terminus nature or only those which are inconsistent with FR...........?

(while answering please try to combine article 250---laws in state field during emergency by parliament)......

thank you shushil

There is a classification which is pertinent to mention here. parliament have two type of legislative power under the proclamation of emergency.(A) one are the legislative powers which parliament is already competent ( without the proclamation)  (B) powers which comes to it with the proclamation of emergency (article 250,357,358). 

whenever parliament exercise its power under category A , then laws enacted continue in force even after the revocation on the other hand laws made under category B  cease to have effect on expiration of emergency with exception in case article 357.

further, laws made which are inconsistent with the Articles 14-19(FR) cease to have effect immediately after the revocation. and also this power can be exercised only in case of external aggregation. - Article 358

laws made on the state list by parliament in case of national emergency cease to have effect after the expiration of 6 month period after the revocation. - Article 250. Clause 2

laws made on the state list by parliament in case of president rule continue in force even after the revocation. - Article 357. Clause 2. This is one of the main difference between 353 (almost similar to the article 250) and 357.

(Above ans. is best of my knowledge but i am not 100% sure that i explained it the way it is so, verification required  :) )