Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wantlbsnaa

Suspended Animation

Question

3 answers to this question

Suspended Animation is a medical term which means virtual termination of life i.e. slowing of life by external means without actually terminating it .

In politic it means members of legislative assembly remain elected but they will no have any legislative power such as to enact laws.

Delhi Assembly did got a fractured mandate this time.  No clear majority for any party.  So, chances of government formation seems bleak as of now but later, situation may arise where government may be formed by a party with support of other.  there are some view that till such time president rule may be imposed upon Delhi without actually dissolving it instead keeping it in suspended animation.

Suspended Animation is a medical term which means virtual termination of life i.e. slowing of life by external means without actually terminating it .

In politic it means members of legislative assembly remain elected but they will no have any legislative power such as to enact laws.

Delhi Assembly did got a fractured mandate this time. No clear majority for any party. So, chances of government formation seems bleak as of now but later, situation may arise where government may be formed by a party with support of other. there are some view that till such time president rule may be imposed upon Delhi without actually dissolving it instead keeping it in suspended animation.

Hmmm.. President rule can be there even without state legislature isn't it?

What would be the notion of keeping it in suspended animation?

I had a understanding that either one would be imposed..

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk

Dr. Pathak likes this

Not sure about this there is nothing on this in under article 356... in my view :-)

By default president's rule is a temporary measure so suspended animation is automatic attached to it . In president rule function of LA is taken over by parliament.

Suspended animation is not the alternative of president rule instead it the alternative of dissolving the LA. 

When president's rule is proclaimed parliament take over the function of LA. now 2 thinks can be done with LA 1. Governor may dissolve it   2. it can be kept in Suspended Animation. 

Dr. Pathak likes this