Who are the first to introduce scientifc methods in Management ?
2. Fayol's writings earlier to Taylor ( T/F) ?
3. Fayol's Theory is inspired by what ??
4. What is "Functionalism " . Does functionalism a type of system approach ??
Admin as a Science
1. Fayol used the term " Administration " or " Management" ?
2. Earlier to Fayol What was the meaning associated to term "Management" and "Administration" ?
3. Fayol said that The principles can be applied to organisation of evry
---- , ---- , ---- and --- ?
4. Fayol believed in Integrated view or Subject view ? ( Whats Integrated view and subject view ( 1st chapter) .
5. Fayol believed his theory is applicable to both public and pvt with equal vigour ?
In one concept Fayol identifies that that particular concept may not hold mucg significance in Govt setting . Name the concept .
6. Fayols theory of functionalism is in terms of industrial undertakings ( T/F) ?
Functions of Industry
1. Name the 6 functions of Industry ?
2. Which function is more conducive to goal attainment then others ?
3. Has fayol considered Social factor in any of his function ?? If so name that function
4. Which is the integrated function in the 6 functions ?
1. What is tool for planning ?
2. What are the characteristics of good plan ? ( UCFP )
3. In todays world a statement is made
" The one who wins is not the one who has best plan A but one who has best plan B coz Murphy is always active "
Does fayol support this ?? If not Which principle goes against it ?
1. What is Organising ?
1. Command depends on ----- and ---- ?
2. Command is maintanence of personnel activity ( T/F) ?
1. What is Co-ordination ?
1. What are the objectives of Control ? ( 3 objectives0
2.Fayol uses Control in French Sense . What are the charactristics of control ?
Attribute of Manager
1. what r the attributes of good manager ?
1. Can you identify the statement Fayol made
a) His principles are not rigid
b) You can add or subtract
c) Need for codification of principle
1. Name the 2 principles which belong to natural order ?
2. Division of labour results in -------- and ________
3. When you clap your Hands , you get a sound . can you map Authority and responsibility with clapping and sound ??
4. What are the types of authority Fayol identifies ?
5. Authority is natural consequence of Responsibility or Responsibility natural consequence of Authority ?
6 . Define Authority according to Fayol .
1. What is Discipline ? Disipline means showing outward marks of respect , --- , --- and ---
2. How to achieve Discipline ?
Unity Of command
1. One person one boss ?
2. What are reasons for dual command
3. If Unity of command is violated
--------- is undemined
-------- is in jeopardy
Unity of direction
1. What is Unity of direction ?
2. Why (3 resons ) for Unity of Direction ?
3. Difference btw Unity of command and Unity of Direction .
Unity of Command cannot exist without Unity of direction but does not flow from it ( T/F)
Subordinate ones intrest to group intrest
1. How ?
1. How should renumeration be ? Should it satisfy employee more or employer more ?
2. What are the different modes of renumeration ?
1. What is centralisation and decentralisation ?
1. The scalar chain is dictated by ______and _________
1. name 2 types of Order
1. What are the 2 virtues associated with equity ?
2. Why is Equity need ( So that people are ___ and ___)
3. Name the principle which is the cause and effect of bad management
4. What should "Initiative" be limited by ?
5. Name 3 factors that limit "Espirit de Corps"